Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

15 June 2010

YoYo Biscuits

I decided to take on this project at the inspiration and encouragement of a dear friend who baked me the first Yoyos that I've ever tasted. I knew I was hooked for life! =)




Ingredients:.
For Cookies
6 oz Butter
6 oz Self-Raising Flour
2 oz Pure Icing Sugar
2 oz Custard Powder
1. Beat butter and sifted icing sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Fold in sifted flour and custard powder and mix well till combined.
3. Roll into small balls (20 cents - 50 cents in diameter) and press with a fork.
4. Bake at 150 degrees C for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
For Icing
1.5 oz Butter
6oz Pure Icing Sugar (sifted)
3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice (You can add milk instead but I love the zesty taste that the lemon gives.)
Combine all ingredients until it becomes smooth and spreadable. Sandwich icing between 2 butter cookies and viola! You're done!

No comments: