My next task was to skin the 3 bananas and cut them up into small pieces using my plastic knife. Of course, who could resist popping a few pieces into my mouth. Mummy was extremely proud that I completed this entire task all by myself!
I even helped in dropping them into the mixer as it stirred.
Mummy also asked me to help her chop up some walnuts. Of course, I gladly obliged whilst popping some into my mouth.
I even helped to sift the flour but mummy was so busy guiding me that she didn't have any time to take pictures. Finally, after somemore mixing, the cake batter was ready to go into the oven - and Viola! We have yummy Banana Walnut Cake.
Banana Walnut Cake
Ingredients:
125g Butter
150g Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 egg (room temp)
3 bananas
1 cup chopped walnuts
185g Flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup milk
1. Chop the butter into small blocks and melt in the microwave.
2. Mix melted butter, sugar and vanilla essence together at low speed till light and fluffy.
3. Mix in Egg
4. Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder
5. Mix sifted ingredients into mixture (half a cup at a time)
6. Mix in chopped walnuts
7. Add milk and mix lightly
8. Bake at 160 degrees celsius for 40-50 minutes
Enjoy!~


No comments:
Post a Comment