Needless to say, everyone was all excited to see me decked out in white, all ready to receive my first Sacrament. I must say that I was very well behaved throughout all the proceedings. Ok, except when Father Michael splashed Holy Water in my eyes. Here I am with Granny who was calming me down after that incident.
First things first, we started off with the readings (where Uncle Derek did a great job with the First Reading).
Once we were ready for the Baptism rite, I was first anointed with Holy Chrism.
Thereafter, I was also anointed by my Godfather, John-Paul that God may always be in my mind and my heart.
I also received my white garmet from him to symbolize purity.
And received light from the Easter Candle to symbolize rebirth
My funky godparents Uncle John Paul and Aunty Magdalene.
Finally, it was time for baptism by water - In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit -
AMEN! I'm the newest member of the Catholic Church.
A big thank you to all our family and friends for gracing this occasion, for sharing our joy and for all your kind wishes and gifts!














No comments:
Post a Comment