Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

30 April 2009

My First Mandarin Class @ Playdays

Mummy decided that the time had come for me to increase my exposure to the chinese language. Considering that the only chinese words I know are "yi" and "er" and "ba" (which are all numbers), I had my work cut out for me.

I was a little apprehensive at first during free play time and it took some coaxing to sit down at the table but once I got my hands on that play dough - I couldn't get enough.




I had a great time with the 2 arts and craft tasks. Here we are in the first painting glue before sticking on different "green" textured items onto the page.













In the second task, we had to fish out marbles from bowls of paint to test our hand skills and then we had to shake the marbles from side to side in the tray to create our own patterned drawing. What fun!




Mummy was very amazed to see how quickly I took to the language as I easily picked up a few key words during snack time. What can I say? I love my snacks!


And of course, who could forget my favourite singing session. It was great that there were some familiar tunes such as itsy-bitsy spider which the teachers sang in chinese instead of english. I think it was a learning experience for mummy too!













We ended the class with my favourite "Bye Bye Bubbles" song or should I say "Pao Pao". I hope we will see more of my friends soon.

No comments: