Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

09 April 2009

I'm 17 months old

What can I say? I love talking! I'm able to imitate nearly every word you say as I listen in to the adult conversations around me. Mummy & Daddy think I have superb comedic timing as I laugh out loud when someone shares a joke. (And yes, this includes the jokes the deejays crack on the radio).

Motor skills
I'm able to walk up and down stairs by myself now. Hooray!




Language
I'm getting more and more proficient with 2 syllable words/sentences (eg: Mummy, Daddy, Open, last one, no more, read book, tummy, stomach,happy etc.) but this month, my achievement has to be the pronunciation of 3 syllable words like "Strawberry" and "Newspaper".

I'm progressing really fast in learning new words and I'm now forming sentences of 3 to 4 words in length.

Cognitive
I've moved on to Level 1 of the Ladybird book series which is meant for 4-5 year olds who are ready to take the first steps in reading. Don't get me wrong, I still love my board books but these books go one step further from independent words and pictures to develop a storyline. My favourite books of the moment are:
- Lost in the Wood
- The little Red Hen
- The Enormous Turnip
- The Billy Goat's Gruff; &
- Run Remy Run!

During storytime, I have begun to grab a book and start to read it myself by turning the pages, pointing at the key objects Mummy/Daddy talked about, and articulating the key words of the story.

I've also begun to recognize words in books that I read. Daddy was amazed when he wrote down the words "Good Night" on a blank piece of paper and I looked at it and pointed to the words and read it out loud!

Social
I'm getting better in my social skills and I fuss much less in public especially when meeting Mummy & Daddy's friends for the first time. Does this mean that I get to go out more often? Hmmm...=)

My grandma thinks that I'm a little too guai and may get bullied so Daddy is trying to toughen me up by showing me how to exert my rights when my toy gets snatched away from me at the playground.

Emotional

I have improved my control over my emotions. I will let you know by saying the word "happy" and smile.

No comments: