8th of Nov: Began experiencing mild contractions 3 to 4 times during the day.
9th of Nov (Baby's due date): Strong contractions began around midnight but I thought nothing of it as my gynae told me that my cervix had not effaced yet just a few days earlier. I still remember the excited look on Shang's face as he asked me to call the hospital delivery ward. Was told by the nurse to come to hospital only if my waters broke or if I was experiencing contractions 5-15 minutes apart so I decided to sleep and see if the pain would go away.
5am: Woke up to pee and found myself experiencing contractions approximately 5 minutes apart. Pain was getting more intense and I could not go to sleep. Waited for about 15 minutes before telling Shang. We decided that it was time to go to the hospital so I took a shower and had my breakfast before heading off to NUH.
6.30am: Was wheeled into the delivery suite and was assessed to be 4cm dilated already! Though the pain was still bearable, I decided to get an epidural anyway because I was expecting a long labour for my first child.
2.30pm: After dosing off for a couple of hours here and there, I was told that it was time to push as I was fully dilated. Now until this point, I was thinking that child birth was a piece of cake and BOY was I wrong! As my gynae so aptly put it, there is a reason why it is called LABOUR...
I huffed and I puffed and huffed and puffed somemore but Ethan decided to play hide and seek and refused to be born. Finally at 1538h after more than an hour of intense pushing and a little assistance from a vacuum, Ethan Chua Yin Herng was born into the world.
Many thanks to our dear family and friends for visiting us!


No comments:
Post a Comment