The day started off with the same as most days with Shang going off to work and Ethan going off to school and with myself being scheduled for an elective C-Section the next day (the 10th) so imagine my surprise when I started to feel contractions right after breakfast at 8am at 10-15 minute intervals.
The next thing I knew, I was advised to head down to the delivery suite. Once there, I was made to wait, and wait, and wait some more as I had breakfast rather late that morning so they couldn't decide when they should administer epidural for me and because Evan was breech, and without a consultant in sight, no one dared to check how much I had dilated. So as the labour progressed and I started to holler for pain medication, a consultant finally hopped along and found me to be 8cm dilated!!! It was only then that an emergency C-Sect was called for and I called Shang to "Come down to NUH right now!" The rest happened in a kind of a blur as I was wheeled into the Operating theatre where 2 spinal blocks were performed, where my water bag burst on the table and I nearly delivered Evan legs first. Yes...just your typical DRAMA filled morning. So as the pain ebbed away and Prof began the Op, everyone began to chase down the father of the child who appeared in glorious fashion just minutes before his son was delivered (thanks to Prof Rauff who tried to delay the delivery by cutting very slowly).
The next thing I knew, I was advised to head down to the delivery suite. Once there, I was made to wait, and wait, and wait some more as I had breakfast rather late that morning so they couldn't decide when they should administer epidural for me and because Evan was breech, and without a consultant in sight, no one dared to check how much I had dilated. So as the labour progressed and I started to holler for pain medication, a consultant finally hopped along and found me to be 8cm dilated!!! It was only then that an emergency C-Sect was called for and I called Shang to "Come down to NUH right now!" The rest happened in a kind of a blur as I was wheeled into the Operating theatre where 2 spinal blocks were performed, where my water bag burst on the table and I nearly delivered Evan legs first. Yes...just your typical DRAMA filled morning. So as the pain ebbed away and Prof began the Op, everyone began to chase down the father of the child who appeared in glorious fashion just minutes before his son was delivered (thanks to Prof Rauff who tried to delay the delivery by cutting very slowly).
At last, after 4 hours of labour and a morningful of events, Evan Chua Yin Sheng was delivered at 12.08pm weighing 2.93kg and measuring 54cm tall.




Here I am with my proud daddy.


No comments:
Post a Comment